Browse This Collection
This digital collection consists of records, photographs and news articles documenting the operations of the Synder Ice Cream Company in Wichita, Kansas. During its years of active operation, it was one of the leading ice cream manufacturers in Kansas. The company was established by William H. Snyder in Wichita in 1912. Initially housed downtown at 145 South Rock Island before moving to 211 South Washington in 1918, it then relocated to 307-09 West Murdock at the edge of the central shopping district in 1929. The company ceased operations by 1951. The plant on West Murdock was designed by Wichita architect Glen H. Thomas and was razed in 1971 in an urban renewal project.
Finding Aid to Snyder Ice Cream Company Collection